Saturday, August 14, 2010

"Go" Command

I took KC out for some work on the "go" command. She did really well for her first time. I set up one jump with a target after it, full of treats. I told her go and sent her over the jump. She did awesome at that after about 5-10 reps I added a second jump and same thing with a target. She did awesome over that too so i justended the go session there but i had a thrid jump set up turned the other direction so she would have to make a distance turn for a sequence and I thought about trying it. She did really good at taking the jump btu not at a distance xD We need mroe distance work xD

Then today, i took her out again just thinking of adding a third jump and doing a 3 minute session. Well i added the third jump with the target and she did it amazing the first time, so I did a few more reps and BOOM I could stand by my swingset(10-15 feet away) and tell her go-go-go and move around behind her(rear cross, just to see if she would notice)but I stayed back a ltttle so it was still distance and she did the three jumps at top speed<3
I thought sweet I could add a tunnel. So i added a tunnel Said, "go-go-go tunnel" and she took the three jumps and went around the tunnel for the treats. Which she should not have gotton... After another try she did the same thihng so I put her behind the third jump and told her, "go, tunnel" and she did it fine for a few reps so I moved her back to the second jump and boom she went around the tunnel again... More work on that too. Haha

For only two days of work I think she did really well. Sorry for long post.

No comments:

Post a Comment